Monday, January 11, 2010

Lens Experiment Ranking Dec. 2009 to Jan 2010


I started My Top Ten Squidoo Lens Experiment in the middle of November of 2009. The experiment was to see if I could get my top ten lenses into the top tier in Squidoo. To be in the top tier in Squidoo your lens needs to be #1-2000 in lens ranking. Top payout for the month would be $13 plus any sales from Amazon or eBay. Squidoo is usually two months behind in their payouts. The last payout was for the month of October. This was the best month for me on payment. November and December hadn’t even came close to the traffic that I had been getting.

In this experiment, I asked my lab assistants (you, the reader) to help promote my lenses, by emailing 5 friends, tweeting, sharing with your Facebook friends, blogging, etc. At first this lens was updated on a daily basis. Then it became semi-weekly to finally weekly. Each update showed my top ten lenses at that time. When going into my profile page, it might look a little different than what in shown on this experiment page, depending on when the update was made..

The finally payout from Squidoo for the month of December won’t be out for a while, but it is overdue to give out some type of stats. I have to say that this experiment was harder than expected. It takes a good deal of time. In the month of January, I would like to lay back and see if my fans and friends can make my experiment explosive.

Below are the highest rank achieved for those in the last week shown in this experiment that was less than 2000 overall for Dec. to Jan. 11, 2010. I will keep you posted on the payout when it comes. Note: the best traffic inducer is earning a Lens of the Day. On January 2, 2010 my Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup lens became my first LOTD. Thanks to the Brag-A-Thon sponsored through RocketMoms. In one day, my rating had jumped from 80 to 107. As of Jan. 11, 2010, 118 have rated it.
Corn Casserole Recipe, highest rank achieved: #427 overall.
Hawaiian Christmas Ornaments, highest rank achieved: #1556 overall.
Christmas in Hawaii, highest rank achieved: #361 overall.
Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup, highest rank achieved: #32 overall.
Christmas Tree History and More, highest rank achieved: #1027 overall.

Finally, my top ten is really top eleven when you count this lens.
My Top Ten Squidoo Lens Experiment, highest rank achieved: #1315 overall.

Thank you for joining me in this experiment. Please keep coming back for this is on going Squidoo experiment. If you are not part of Squidoo you can Join Here!

No comments:

Help with College Expenses (For the Cost of a Cup of Soup)

Squidoo: Sandyspider on Squidoo

Squidoo : Lenses by sandyspider

Sandyspider on HubPages

Zazzle Panel

4 The Kids

Powered by

Tulips on Amazon

Great Software for your Photos

Join BigCrumbs