List of 21 Weird, Bizarre or Just Plain Silly Stuff sold on eBay in no particular order: (These items were found on many reference sites about eBay.)
1. Broken Laser Pointer: It was September 1995 and the beginning of eBay. Founder Pierre Omidyar, began with the listing of a single broken laser pointer Pierre had intended for the listing to be a test and was shocked when the item sold for $14.83.
2. U.S. Navy F/A-18A Hornet: A state brokerage in Virginia sold a U.S. Navy F/A-18A Hornet jet fighter on eBay for just over a million dollars. It was, in pieces, but they offered to put it back together and make it ready to fly for just another $9 million.
3. Wedding Dress: A guy sold he ex-wife's wedding dress. He modeled it, as well as writing a long screed about his ex-wife in the description. It sold for 3,850.
4. Shoeless Joe Jackson’s original "Black Betsy” bat: The Black Betsy weights more than 40 ounces and handmade of hickory. Jackson had the third highest career batting average of .356 and was known for a swing so perfect that was copied by Babe Ruth. This bat sold for $577,610.
5. 18 Year old British Girl's Virginity: In order to pay off her college tuition, Cary's Copestakes put her virginity up for auction on eBay. The bid started at $10,000 and was taken up by a business man. He did not take her up on her service, but gave her the money in pity of her situation.
6. Doritos Cheese Pope Hat: March 23, 2005, Salem, MA, the GoldenPalace.com, Internet casino most famous for their purchase of the Virgin Mary Grilled Cheese Sandwich, bought the Doritos chip for an unbelievable $1,209.
7. Vampire Killing Kit: A seller from Oklahoma made $2,005.50 from this supposed 18th Century Vampire Killing Kit. It all came in a linden wood box, lined on the inside with maroon velvet. The seller claimed that the estimated value of the artifact was between $29,000 and $51,000
8. Bridgeville, California: The entire town. Bought on eBay twice within 3 years. The last time listed in June 2007. Selling price: $1,800,000.
9. Britney Spears Half Eaten Sandwich: Golden Palace Casino has purchased a half eaten egg salad sandwich for $500 also for an additional $20 they also purchased a nibbled on corn dog by Spears' ex husband Kevin Federline.
10. Britney Spears Chewed Gum: Someone picked up Britney Spears chewed gum at a London hotel and decided to sell it on eBay. Believe it or not they got $263 for it. I wonder if the fan who bought it, chewed the gum or framed it!
11. John F Kennedy Assassination Shooters Perch Window: The actual window and frame from which Lee Harvey Oswald shot and killed our 35th president, John F. Kennedy. 188 bids were placed and the winning bidder paid $3,001,501.00 on February 16th 2007.
12. A half eaten piece of French toast from kid rock - over $3,000.
13. Someone sold their soul - $400.00
14. Elvis's ear piece - over $1,000.00
15. Ghost In A Jar: A man 2 jars and an old journal in a wooden box. He accidentally broke one jar and brought the other one home. Afterwords a ghost was terrorizing him. Apparently it came from the jar. He decided to sell this jar to anyone willing to take on the ghost. On June 05, 2003, this item sold for $50,922.
16. Woman Sells Right to Name Her Baby: Early 2005, when Melissa Heuschkel couldn't decide what to name her fourth child; she turned to the auction site eBay. Golden Palace casino won the bid for $15,500. The baby was named Golden Palace Benedetto. (Golden Palace has brought several weird items from eBay.)
17. Oldest known pair of Levi jeans sold in May 2001 for $46,432.
18. Justin Timberlake’s partially-eaten French toast sold in March 2000 for $1025.
19. A woman's deceased father's walking cane (his ghost included) sold in December 2004 for $65,100.
20. A man's forehead for advertising space in January 2005 for $37,375.
21. Virgin Mary Grilled Cheese Sandwich: Diane Duyser, from Florida sold her grilled cheese sandwich that appeared to have the face of the Virgin Mary upon it. The item was purchased by an online casino, Goldenpalace.com for $28,000.