Friday, July 10, 2009

Squdoo Badges and What They Mean


My badges so far:

In July 2009 I became a Giant Squid. Along with being a Giant Squid and beyond comes the stars. Squidoo lens Squidbadges explains this badge and stars as follows:

"Giant" badge: Giant Squids are distinguished by their exceptional skill for making top-notch lenses, and lots of them. Whenever you land on a Giant Squid's lens, you know the person behind it is passionate about the topic and is hard at work making the lens worthy of your time and attention. Giant Squids have 50 or more really great lenses, and they get quite a few perks for all their hard work. This is just one. Learn more about what it takes to be a Giant.

Gold stars: This shows that a particular page is a certified gold star lens, which means it's the best of its kind on Squidoo (or shows some serious potential for getting there.) When your lens gets a gold star, it also automatically gets a little LensRank boost. Not bad. For now, only Giant Squids can get gold stars on their lenses. But turn that frown upside down: All lensmasters are welcome to join the Giant Squid challenge and earn their way in!

Purple stars: They're heeeere. Bow down to the purple star. Only a few purple stars are given out each week, to exceptional NEW lenses created by Giant Squids. Read all the goods and news about purple stars.

To my surprise...my recipe lens Garden Fresh Tomato Recipes earned a purple star.

I wonder if my first recipe lens Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup would of taken a purple star if I had been a Giant Squid at the time that it was published. It is a recipe that I have had created from my head and finally written it down. We also created a video on how to make the soup. I think it is worth a LOTD.

The last three badges are as follows:

December 2008, I won 3rd place in the "Home for the Holidays Contest" with Christmas Tree History and More.

June 2009, I wrote my 50th lens with My Dog Turned 50.

June 5, 2009, I took on the Rocket Mom challenge. Eight week course to work among the smartest women on the web, working together to make Squidoo lenses.

No comments:

Help with College Expenses (For the Cost of a Cup of Soup)

Squidoo: Sandyspider on Squidoo

Squidoo : Lenses by sandyspider

Sandyspider on HubPages

Zazzle Panel

4 The Kids

Powered by

Tulips on Amazon

Great Software for your Photos

Join BigCrumbs